- To promote research on environments and health at McMaster, across a broad spectrum of topics, including new fields, such as built environments, socio-economic effect modification and health supportive environments policy
- To leverage research funding opportunities from Tri-Council agencies, with a specific focus on the CIHR Strategic Initiative on Environments & Health
- To build research capacity in the university for agenda-setting, implementation and evaluation research with partner organizations
- To build receptor capacity in partner organizations and develop new models and institutional structures for knowledge mobilization
- To provide leadership in transformative, evidence-informed policy and action on environments and health issues
- To raise McMaster’s profile in environments and health research and knowledge mobilization locally, provincially, nationally and internationally
Fran Scott is a public health physician specialist with more than 30 years of experience in local public health practice and academic leadership. She is currently the Director of McMaster University’s new MPH program and Associate Professor in the Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence and Impact, Faculty of Health Sciences, Canada.